Programming Languages and Technologies
Hands-on leadership of 10 developers doing ongoing development and support of 15Tb backend component of strategic anti-money laundering application for one of the world’s largest banks. Technical system management, covering both project and BAU aspects, architecture, design and implementation of new features, bugfixes and technical debt. Solution improvement and refactoring, including breaking down monolith application into microservices, bringing modern and cost saving technologies. Notable examples: Design and implementation of service integrating batch processing database with 3rd party APIs and transforming unstructured data into clean dataset. Designed stream architecture to handle 100M XML messages reducing leading time of critical data delivery from 6 weeks to 3 days.
As a team manager defined internal development practises and improved collaboration with external teams. Completed migration of SDLC from waterfall to Agile development, migrated from svn to git with setup of CI/CD pipelines, introduced trunk-based development practises helping team to deliver complex functionality. Extensively involved in building the team, including hiring and onboarding, completed skills development and performance evaluation, with team size increased from 4 to 10 people in 6 months.
Integrace Ltd (contract)
Implementation of SCP and Manufacturing integration solution separation as part of AB In-Bev Europe business divestment. Managing full transition of services to multiple development/support team.
Setting up integration architectural framework with preapproved Enterprise Integration Patterns defined, implementation principles and guides created for system integrators. Oversight new projects assisting solution design team with design of integration within SAP centric enterprise landscape.
All-in-one designer / developer / product owner of a custom-built system for high throughput data integration between SAP and non-SAP planning applications for global brewing company (350+ tables, 250+ PL/SQL / Java ETL/ELT procedures with 50K lines of code in total).
- Build and enhancement of solution core components and interfaces such as:
- High-performance interface for SAP movements and sales documents resulted in near-real-time operational data visibility.
- Multiregional feature allowing solution to work 24×7 mode providing businesses within different time zones (Europe, Australia, LatAm) with the same level of service.
- Performance improvements – full MD regeneration time reduced from 2.5 hours to 30 minutes, processing of large transactional datasets – from 6-8 hours to 20-30 minutes.
- Design and development of application providing simple UI, SOAP & REST API (Java / Spring MVC).
- Support and change management of the solution in multiple simultaneous projects and environments.
- Deployed solution in multiple regions, including Australia, Czech/Slovakia, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Latin America countries.
- Designed version control process for Oracle database objects and moving changes across complex enterprise landscape (two tracks with several dev/test environments in each). With up to 100 active changes, no issues were connected with misalignment of objects.
GT Non-SAP Service Delivery Manager was a secondment role. Managed operations of GT Non-SAP systems with more than 100 application servers and databases in production landscape. Key responsibilities include:
- Change management, coordination of emergency/regular maintenance and patching processes.
- Driving activities executed by multiple geographically distributed support teams (business users, onsite and offshore support, vendors)
- Hand-on works on systems supported internally, root cause analysis, implementation of changes.
Japan Tobacco International
Designed several custom SAP PI interfaces between SAP ECC and storage system using Java//Database/ccBPM. Implemented advanced alert mechanism allowing users to restart certain BPM activities from email. Reviewed all JTI SAP PI interfaces, completed migration assessment from PI 7.0 to PI 7.3.
Customer First project is a SAP implementation in UK’s largest council (one million residents) aimed to automate all aspects of daily council tasks. As part of project team implemented several integration interfaces using custom Java development within SAP PI ESB. At a later stage moved into SAP PI integration landscape owner role in support organization with responsibilities to maintain smooth operation of more than 250 integration interfaces in production.
Technical team lead completing integration component of solution for reliable collection and processing of EDI messages in global container leasing company. Trained small off-shore development and later the support team, designed support processes. Overall positive feedback on solution was received during first week after go-live with number of errors in integration layer reduced from 10% of all traffic to 0.
Successfully completed several projects for large customers by developing and supporting solutions based on Java/.Net, enterprise grade databases, SAP / Microsoft integration technologies, with most notable example being development and ongoing support of custom-built system managing masterdata for 180M customers of one of biggest Russian bank
Completed development of several mid-to-large scale websites based on J2EE/Oracle technologies.
July 2020, Amazon Web Services Training and Certification
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
August 2017, Google Cloud Certified
Google Certified Professional – Data Engineer
2007, SAP Certification
Development Consultant SAP NetWeaver ’04 – Exchange Infrastructure & Integration Technology.
1996-2001, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia
Mathematician/System Programmer in Applied Mathematics and Computing Systems.
Specialist Degree (with distinction), equivalent to BS (Hons) or higher.